Where are we?

Calle Brasil 1 Duplicado. Bajo,
41013 - Sevilla. Spain

Phone number

(+34) 955 083 008



Do you want to know more about the visa you need to come to Spain?

Spain is one of the countries most visited by tourists. If you are thinking study, work or reside in Spain, Easy-Go explains to you in the following article the type of visa you need to enter Spain!

What is a visa?

It is a document that authorizes staying in a national territory. There are several types, such as immigration, long-term, Schengen and study visas.

types of visas

Types of visas in Spain

Study visa

Those non-European citizens who are going to stay in Spanish territory while studying at an educational center (whether public or private) need a study visa. Both the student's spouse or common-law partner and minor or disabled children have the option of obtaining a visa to accompany the student, although this does not authorize them to work.

Types of study visas

  • Short-term student visa (between 91 and 180 days).
  • Long-term student visa (+181 days).

Documents necessary to apply for a study visa in Spain

  • National visa application form.
  • Photography.
  • Valid and current passport
  • Letter of studies.
  • Documents that ensure that the student has sufficient financial means to cover expenses.
  • Medical certificate.
  • Criminal record.
  • Payment of the visa fee.
  • Authorization of legal representatives.
  • Proof of the identity and capacity of the representative.
  • Proof of residence in the consular district.
  • Medical healthcare insurance, which you can contract with Easy-Go.

Characteristics of the Spain student visa medical insurance policy

  • Complete medical health insurance with UNLIMITED MEDICAL EXPENSES
  • No shortages (except childbirth): you will be able to use all the services from the first moment.
  • No copay: you will not pay anything more to attend your medical appointments.
  • Repatriation coverage included in the event of death.
  • Health care in case of Covid-19 infection.
  • Meet all the requirements to be granted a visa and be able to travel to Spain to study.
  • It has coverage throughout Spain except in: Pamplona.

Schengen visa

The Schengen visa is a permit to enter a country that is a member of the Schengen area. To be granted a visa it is necessary to leave the Schengen area before the end of the validity period of said visa. Another required requirement is have sufficient financial resources to cover the stay and mention why the trip is being made.

The Schengen visa can be short-term or temporary. The maximum duration is 90 days in a period of 180 days.

This visa must be requested from the main destination country and if you are going to travel to several countries and none is the main one, you must apply to the first country to which you are going to travel.

The member states of the Schengen area are: Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Austria, Greece, Latvia, Slovakia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Netherlands , Slovenia, Finland, Switzerland, Czech Republic and Estonia.

You can hire your Schengen insurance with Easy-Go, which includes among its main coverage medical expenses, theft and damage to luggage, urgent dental expenses and 24-hour assistance.

Transit or tourist visa

  • Airport transit visa

It allows you to enter and stay in the national territory to transit through a Spanish airport.

  • Territorial transit visa

It allows you to enter and stay in Spanish territory by land. It allows you to cross the territory for a maximum of 5 days.

  • Marine transit visa

It allows you to enter and stay in the national territory to transit through a seaport.

Long-term visa (more than 90 days)

  • Non-profit residence visa

It is a authorization to live in Spain without carrying out an economic activity with sufficient funds. There are a series of requirements to obtain this type of visa:

  • Do not reside in Spain illegally.
  • Have no criminal record.
  • Have private health insurance.
  • Have sufficient financial funds.
  • Family reunification visa

Non-European citizens who have been in Spanish territory for less than a year cannot reunite their family members unless they have a residence visa (the requirement to reunite a family member is to demonstrate that that person depends on you financially).

There is the possibility of regrouping both ascendants and descendants as well as a spouse or your de facto partner.

  • work visa

To carry out a work or professional activity (whether employed or self-employed) every non-European citizen needs a work visa. For this type of visa there are also several requirements, such as being over 16 years old, having no criminal record, having the necessary training and work experience required for the position, proof of the accommodation in which you will reside (for example the rental contract).

  • Golden Visa (or investor visa)

It is a residence permit for those citizens from outside the European Union who are going to make a significant capital investment. To obtain it, you must have made a purchase of one or more homes that have a minimum value of 500.000 euros.


Share this post!