Where are we?

Calle Brasil 1 Duplicado. Bajo,
41013 - Sevilla. Spain

Phone number

(+34) 955 083 008



How do I renew a non-lucrative visa in Spain?

Many people live in Spain today with a non-lucrative visa. They are those people who decide to come to Spain to reside but who do not have permission to work in the country, either as an employee or as a self-employed person.

If you have a non-lucrative residence card and it is about to expire, you need to renew it to be able to legally remain in Spain. Through this blog travel insurance, Easy-Go will inform you of everything you need to know to renew the residence obtained through your Spanish non-profit visa.

Authorization of visa No. profitable

 This is a residence permit to live and reside in Spain without having to carry out a work activity.

Requirements to renew the non-profit visa

  • Not be a citizen of a country of the European Union, Switzerland or a family member of citizens of these countries.
  • Not have a criminal record in Spain.
  • Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not appearing as “rejectable” in countries with which Spain has signed an agreement.
  • Be the holder of a valid non-profit visa permit or be within 90 calendar days of its expiration.
  • Have the necessary economic means to cover the expenses of stay and return, in accordance with the following:
    • For your monthly support, 400% of the IPREM (Multiple Effects Public Income Indicator), which in 2023 has risen to €2.400.
    • For your family members, 100% of the IPREM, in 2023 an amount of €600.
    • Check how much money I have to show when I renew my non-lucrative visa in Spain.
  • Have public or private health insurance
  • That the minors in your charge are in school during your stay in Spain.


How do I renew a non-profit visa?

Documentation that you must provide for the renewal of the non-profit visa

  • Application form in official model (EX-01) (two copies), duly completed and signed by the applicant.
  • Passport or travel document, recognized as valid in Spain, with a minimum validity of one year.
  • Complete copy (all pages) of the passport or valid travel document.
  • Documentation that proves having a means of subsistence during the requested period.

In order to prove that you have these financial means, you can use any document accepted by law, including real estate titles, certified checks or credit cards accompanied by a bank certification that certifies the amount available as credit on the card. If the funds come from shares or participations in Spanish, mixed or foreign companies, located in Spain, it must be proven that the applicant does not carry out any work activity, accompanying an affidavit in this regard.

  • Documentation proving that you have medical insurance, or a certificate of medical insurance.
  • If you are in charge of minors of compulsory school age, a report from the educational center must be issued.
  • Proof of payment of the fee 790 code 052.
  • All documents provided for the renewal of the non-profit visa must be legalized and translated. Translations must be carried out by a sworn translator authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation.

When should I apply for a non-profit visa renewal?

  • Within 60 days prior to the expiration of your non-profit visa.
  • Within 90 days after the expiration of your non-profit visa.

Recommended renew it within 60 days before the card expires. In the second case, the immigration office could fine you for letting your residence card expire.

You can renew it yourself or your legal or volunteer representative.

Where and how can I renew the non-profit visa?

The renewal of this residence permit must be requested at the Immigration Office where you have your registered address (registration).

Currently there are several ways to renew it:

  • By appointment at the immigration office itself.
  • Through any public registry of government subdelegation or delegation.
  • By postal mail.
  • Through electronic means. It is the best option, since this way the renewal is submitted directly to the immigration office without intermediaries and a file number is assigned without having to travel or make an appointment.

You can carry out this procedure with your digital certificate or permanent password (permanent cl@ve).

Once the Immigration Office is aware of the request, it has a legal period of 3 months to process and respond. If after this period you have no news, it can be understood that it has been approved due to “administrative silence.”

How do I check the status of my residency renewal application online?

To check the status of your renewal request, you can do so through this link: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/infoext2/

You can access the status by filling out your NIE, the date you submitted the application and your year of birth.

There is also the option to do it with the Cl@ve pin. To get the pin, you must first register in person or online.

Once you are registered, download the cl@ve pin app.

Granting non-profit visa renewal

 From the notification of the granting of the non-lucrative visa permit, you have one month to complete the fingerprinting process and request the issuance of your physical card. In order to carry out this procedure you need the following documentation:

  • Application for a foreigner's identity card, in official form (EX-17).
  • Proof of payment of the fee 790 code 012.
  • Three recent color photographs, on a white background, passport size.
  • Granting of non-profit visa.
  • Valid passport.
  • Foreigner's identification card.

Share this post!